Friday, December 9, 2011

Harumph!

 
I’m grumpy today. I don’t know why, I just am. This happens from time to time, I get grumpy, I don’t know what I need to do to get happy so I get more frustrated. Then it just builds upon itself.

It started last night. It’s been very cold the last few evenings so my person took a hot bath. I like it when she takes a bath, it’s warm in the room and the steam clears my sinus (Remind me to tell you of the time I had a sinus infection and I got steamed 3 times a day). I jump on the ledge and paw at the water. When she’s done, I get on the counter and I get brushed. All these things happened and I was very happy and then it was time for bed – so it ended.

I don’t like it when happy things end, I know they always do, just as bad things end too. But it got very cold after they both turned out all the lights and got into bed. For hours it got colder and colder and I thought, now would be a good time to have another bath, so I let them know. I stood in the bathroom and yelled at them. (I never quite realize something is a bad idea until I’m done doing it.) My person hollered at me, so I stopped. Then an hour later, it was even colder so I yelled at them again and she, in turn, yelled at me. It became a vicious cycle. So much so that I forgot why I was in the bathroom yelling, I just was.

Now, I’m just grumpy. I want another bath, I want the sunbeam, I want in the closet, I want it to stop being so cold. I want to the point where ‘want’ is what I want, there is no thing attached. That’s when it gets aggravating. I want everything, yet I want nothing. Happy or satisfied is so far away, it gets me frustrated.  Okay, it’s times like these I just have to breath and get zen….  The sunbeam is here, whew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment